Monday, September 17, 2012

Sometimes (read: often) my mind Wanders.

Just a quickie, a few thoughts on how we cope with stress, disappointments, our friends, our enemies. Life.
I find myself desperatly needing distractions from the ails of adulthood and I question whether I am doing more hard than good. Taking my mind off the pressures of survival and instead just living. Splurging on decadent meals and desserts without contemplating the amount of calories I would have to now deny myself for the rest of the week. Instead, I simply just enjoy. Coming home from the job I hate and cooing at the amount of trashy tv that's waiting for me as well as my favorite spot on the couch. All because I'm desperate for an escape from that that annoys me. Maybe I'm spending too much time and energy on my "escapes". Knowing myself, I have the awful tendency of pondering to the point of a migraine without producing any real solutions.
A cluttered mind is impossible to understand, and our minds can just be so full of junk. Perhaps that's why distractions must happen. The mind will always wander, passively or otherwise. In our least pensive moments the backroom of our subconscious SOMEHOW lights up a way out of our troubles. And it always seems so simple.
Our Distractions are important. It's a way to appreciate the sunshine before and after the rain. If we are smart, we would remember the sun when it rains the hardest. 
But I am forced to evaluate my own life as I discover my lucid need for distractions. Whether it be the gym, sleep, or night-life, I have no fingers to point but at myself. The life I live is mine and no one else's, therefore my need for distraction is my fault. All situations aside, I will consider this an awakening to appreciate the sun during my storms. I'll also keep in mind the severity of storms that others endure. Some don't have it as good as I fail to see and that is my/our lesson to learn. These are the thoughts that wander.

Namaste

2 comments:

  1. Girl, I know the feeling -- I too am guilty of jumping into Basketball wives and a bucked of chicken (just me?? oh, okay...). My advice though: think about what you'd be doing if you didn't NEED to escape and work on doing more of that instead...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lol I've indulged in many a 2 piece biscuit so don't feel too bad. You're absolutely right and that's approach I'm practicing, thanks for the advice.

    ReplyDelete