Sunday, May 7, 2017

Don't call Me

Beautiful? I may be, that's what my daddy call me.
My ebony defined me, as a perfect shade of brown beauty.
Am I perfect? No, perfection is exhausting, also nonexistent.
But I'm present and damn, am I present!
I am a present.
As concerning as I may be, it's still not enough to a " maybe".
But beautiful? I am me.
And no, u can't stop me.
As I stare at the daunting amount of books that will be useless in 13 weeks?
I weep. For what can blossom from weak roots
rooted in weak roots of "Just read me, these books".
Melanin of all shades, parades of all parades
And when I stand , All will Say
"Hooray"
Hooray for the struggle
Horrray for Bondage
Horray for the sisterhood
Horray for brotherhood
Horray for the OURhood.
The term UNSTOPPABLE will not define us but will promote us in our own desire to stand in the fire
Of preposterous words and
falsehoods absurd.
Now stand.
Stand for you.
Stand For us.
Stand for your country.
Stand for their county.
We will overcome.

1 comment: