Wednesday, November 20, 2013

No name.

I don't have a name for this, just an emotion or two. Traversing this journey called life with my two cents and change. For lack of a better term..its uncommon. Not by my own definition but by those so willing to marginalise the others. Funny how I never saw myself as an "other" until the other told me just how much of an " other" I was. My tone was other, my speech was other, my interest were other, my cuisine was other, and my hair was certainly other. Not pretty, not decent just other. What does that even mean? For some time I was assumed to be ashamed of my other-ness despite my ignorance to my position in the realm of normal? I would judge my reflection on how I looked but the term "other" never hit me.  Maybe my hips too wide, nose too wide, too soft spoken, tom boy extraordinare. But who cares. I'm too into myself to take any "other" opinion seriously.

Its s big step, to be confident in yourself. To disregard the ugly of human race and see yourself as beautiful and flawed, what a life! It's blindfully telling.
This write up has no name.

Namaste.

No comments:

Post a Comment