Friday, May 3, 2013

And then I got fired

Well, its finally happened. 4 weeks ago I was let go from a job I hated for indiscernable reasons other than I hated to work for them. Even when I filled out my unemployment and was asked why I was let go, all I could come up with was "I don't know, work deterioration I believe." How pathetic does that sound. But I actually feel so so so free. Like a burden lifted off my shoulders; I have no more misery to punch into. No more low pay to struggle with, unemployment checks that are just $100 shy of my weekly pay, a fat 401k to roll over, and beautiful spring weather to wake up to everyday. Plus a steady 2 years of nursing school to commence in August. Life is really good. And I don't miss that satanic 9-whenever laboratory. They pushed and pushed. Took my 6 years with very few raises, increased the workload and made no attempt to shy away from the writing on the wall "You don't matter to management". I checked out of there a year ago mentally and emotionally. So was I surprised? Nope, I'm relieved, and full of hope for what lies ahead. Never thought gainful employment would anchor me to stagnation instead of anchoring me to prosperity. They can have their rotting anchor!

I want everyone to know that I appreciate the well wishes and support throughout this not so difficult time and just be rest assured that I will bounce back as I always do! I serve a mighty God therefore I shall not worry baby! I'm doing what I have to do to get where I need to be. I'll need your help to get there though so don't stop with the encouragement! I love you all.

Namaste

**Expect a follow up to this quick post as details and motives emerge behind my dismissal.

1 comment: